8.27.2009

tiny dancer

So when we were preparing for Arabelle's arrival, one of the purchases we made was a video camera.  I know, it's so cliche, but, in my opinion a necessary purchase because as a kid who grew up without a video camera I would like to actually witness the evidence of me running around the house singing "Beat It" by Michael Jackson.  Yes, apparently he was one of my favorite artists as a kid, but I don't remember having such fondness for the one-gloved entertainer.  
This video was from the other day and because I love having a Mac I decided to actually see what I could do with iMovie.  
As you can see...she's pretty cute.  Despite this cuteness, little miss (a nickname we have come up with; long story so I will save for another post) had another first this week and hasn't been feeling well.
That's right.  She's got an eye infection.  As first I thought she just had general eye gunkiness but then the gunky got gunkier.  So our trusty pediatrician called in this ointment.  Have you ever tried to put ointment in the eye of a 6 week old?  I don't recommend it.  Screaming ensues every time and it takes four hands.  The eye is looking better though so we will keep truckin.  I imagine the blurriness is what she dealt with as the gunk took over.

3 comments:

Blair said...

I am pretty sure putting ointment in a 6 week olds eye is kinda like putting it in a dogs eye...Just FYI I apparently had a blocked tearduct when I was that age..I ended up having surgery at 9/10 months. Most of the time it clears up on it's own though.

Susan said...

Yes, sad but true. No video evidence of you in your Mr. T t-shirt holding your MJ microphone singing "Beat It". You'll just have to take Dad's and my word for it. Visualize . . . a little blond curly-headed toddler. The rest is history!
Mom

Elizabeth said...

Caroline had an eye infection in her first month. We had the same ointment, the same struggle getting it in the eye... but it cleared up really fast and she's never had another problem!